[K12OSN] Fedora Legacy support no longer

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 02:54:05 UTC 2007

On 02/01/07, Nils Breunese <nils at breun.nl> wrote:
> > I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) this means 6 months of
> > support for Fedora after the next release comes out. So about 4 more
> > months of support for FC5 and hence K12LTSP5.
>
> That's correct. However, there is talk about extending official
> support for FC releases to 13 months. Nothing is decided yet and I
> don't know if it would apply to current releases or only upcoming
> releases.

More discussion on slashdot.org at
http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/06/12/31/1837253.shtml

Deep thought needed to continue RH way or shift to some other distro
since 6 months support would mean only effective support time of 3
months depending on how soon k12 is rolled out. But typically releases
happen in March/Sept and the following seasonal holiday (summer or
christmas) k12 is released.

Ofcourse nothing prevents k12 to set up its own repos.

--
Wishing you very best for the New Year 2007
Regards,